“Time flies like an arrow…fruit flies like a banana.” – Groucho Marx, philosopher, linguist
In case you haven’t been paying attention – on Thursday Sept 27, Studio E architects will celebrate its 25th Anniversary. Time has indeed flown. We are exceedingly thankful to have had the opportunities we have enjoyed over this two and a half decade run. We remain enthusiastic today and we are optimistic about the future. The best thinking and work is yet to come. In our final installment of our Lists of 25 before the big day – we offer the following “25 things about 25”. Tempus Fugit!
2. 25 feet – standard width of a San Diego beach community building lot (see: Mission Beach, old La Jolla, Coronado, etc.)
3. 25 men – full roster for a Major League Baseball team
4. 25 on the Periodic Table – the atomic number of Manganese
5. 25 or 6 to 4 – hit song by the band Chicago
6. 25 – the Jeopardy answer to “What is the sum of the first five odd numbers (1+3+5+7+9)?”
7. 25 years old – min. age to rent a car or to be elected to the House of Representatives
8. 25 gallons – average amount of water consumed by a cow each day
9. 25th President of the United States – William McKinley
10. 25 seconds – in the NFL , the length of time until the offensive team must run a play once the referee has whistled the play in.
11. Y – the 25th letter of the alphabet
12. 25 sides – a seldom seen two-dimensional geometric figure is called a icosikaipentagon
13. Number 25 – jersey number worn by many famous Major League Baseball sluggers (e.g. Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Jason Giambi, Mark Teixeira…)
14. 25 x 2 – total number of Jelly Belly flavors
15. 25 grams – is equivalent to two tablespoons
16. 25 Horsepower – common size for outboard motors.
17. 25 hours – the number that many overachievers wish constituted a full day.
18. 25 dogs – the number you need to keep in your motorhome in order to be arrested for animal cruelty in the City of Santa Monica.
19. 25 cents per gallon – average price of a gallon of gas in 1962.
20. Interstate 25 – a north/south route between Buffalo, Wyoming and Las Cruses, New Mexico, It links Albuquerque, Pueblo, Colorado Springs, and Denver.
21. 25 millimeters – is approximately 1 inch.
22. 25th State – to join the Union was Arkansas on June 15, 1836.
23. 25 – is the name of a popular card game in Ireland.
24. 25 Worst – passwords of all time – do yourself a favor and make sure that this isn’t you…
25. 25 years – a reason to celebrate!